Newcastle Golf Club


Yesterday I went golfing with my boss from work. We get to go each year with this conference we attend. I told Zac that I was going to be going golfing on Wednesday. He said where do you get to go? I said I am going to some place called Newcastle. Zac immediately asked if he could go, I said sorry you can’t it is for work. He then proceeded to tell me that it is one of the nicest golf courses in Washington. Zac just could not believe that I was going to be golfing at Newcastle. Especially since it is a $165 a round and that I don’t really golf. Well on Tuesday the weather was saying it will be raining all day long on Wednesday. Zac told me that he felt vindicated since he was not able to go. But he was great he had me all set up with his golf umbrella, and his golf parka.

So Wednesday my boss and I are driving up to the golf course and it is raining so hard. We keep saying that this is going to be miserable since we don’t really golf. However once we got to the course it was amazing it stopped raining, a little bit of blue sky came along. It was the most perfect weather you could ask for until the 18th hole when we were putting it started to rain.

I also have to say this is one of the nicest golf courses I have ever been on, even though I have only been on a few. The views on this course were amazing. The people who worked there were amazing. We also had a great time golfing because it was best ball. Our team was my boss (who is a woman) and two other men. I also have to say that I did pretty well. The first three holes we used my drive because I hit the ball the furthest, even though I teed off from the women’s area. Then on hole 10 (pictured down below), I was able to win the prize for closest to the pin. It was a par 3 and I hit the ball and it landed on the green about 10 feet from the hole. I could not believe it. I think I am ready for lessons now.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That's beautiful! I'm not much for golfing but Steve would have loved it.

RR said...

You, Melissa, and I should go golfing sometime.

The Other Osmonds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Other Osmonds said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! what a gorgeous coarse! I sure do miss those days of going to hit a bucket of balls. By the way, I would love to try some of that jam, it looks delicious!

Spencer family said...

I bet Zac was dying inside!!! That's awesome that you did so good! Mark and I won my family golf tournment. (not because of us for say!!!) Best ball is the way to play the game! I'm glad that you have a great time!